How we collect information about you
When you visit the our website, we collect your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
If you open an account, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Contact information - your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Before permitting you to use our service, we may require you to provide additional information we can use to verify your identity or address or manage risk, such as your date of birth or other information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services.
- When you are using our service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
- Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on your computer.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognise you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form, so that you don't need to retype the e-mail address each time you log in to your account.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the UK, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable UK regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We do not store debit or credit card information.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customise, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- Send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties.
How you can access or change your personal information
You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging in to your account.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you should contact us.